Thursday, January 16, 2014

And we're off!

To the airport that is. My flight wasn't until 5:45 PM, so I spent a lot of time sitting around the house ready to go and not having anything to do. When we finally got there Dad made me prove that I could carry all of my stuff by my self.


Then he was kind enough to help me :)


Chillin' before going through security:


I flew from Portland to L.A. where I met up with the rest of my group. The L.A. airport is super confusing. It took me about an hour to get from where I landed to the gate for my next flight. I had to leave the airport, walk up three terminals, up a floor, and then I had to go through security again :(


Leaving Portland

From there we flew to Seoul, Korea and then onto Guangzhou, China. Overall the trip took 26 hours and 19 were spent flying. This meant that we didn't really experience Wednesday- we left Tuesday and arrived in China on Thursday afternoon. All I have to say about the flights is that they were long and boring...


Our flights to Korea and China were on Korean Air. Probably the best airline I've been on. Everyone gets a blanket, pillow, slippers, toothbrush, and personal media center.



Not to mention the stewardesses are adorable!


By the time we got our luggage we had asked 5 people for directions (one of them twice) and gone through security 3 times. At least in Asia you don't have to take off your shoes!

But in the end we got all of our luggage (no missing bags!), found the ILP representative, made it to the bus, got everything loaded and drove to the apartments where we'll be staying.

1 comment:

  1. And the adventure begins! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete