Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A day at the park

One of our last days of New Year's vacation we decided to check out another park in Zhongshan that we discovered next to our school. We braved the cold and rain to make sure we saw the decorations before they were taken down.


It turns out it's Sun Yat-sen park. He was born in Zhongshan and I think the city is sort of named after him. So there's a giant statue of him in the middle of the park :)


This park also had New Year's lanterns up all over the place. So here's some pictures! (More on Facebook)



I'm not sure what's up with the pigs...


It was really cold, despite what the pictures may look like. Our hands were freezing! The park apparently has a waterfall cave, but we didn't seek it out because it just sounded extra cold at the time.

One of the entrances had a large horse display for the New Year. Emily and I are both the year of the horse in the Zodiac, so of course we got a picture with it :)


My favorite part was all of the red lanterns! I'm not sure why, but I just love them!





No comments:

Post a Comment